For the Strawberry Syrup
- 16 oz Strawberries, hulled
- Sugar to taste
For the Frappucino
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 3/4 cups softened Vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup Strawberry Syrup (either make your own or use store bought!)
- 5-6 Whole Strawberries, chopped finely
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Whipped Cream (optional)
Love the taste of Starbucks Strawberries & Cream Frappuccino but not too fond of ingesting the crushed parasitic beetles that Starbucks has openly admitted adding to their strawberry beverages for food coloring? You’ve come to the right place as with our Starbucks Strawberries & Crème Frappuccino recipe you can make it at home – beetles not included!
Make the Strawberry Syrup:
Note: You may also use store-bought syrup!
- Chop the stem (hull) off the strawberries. You can then do a coarse chop or quarter the berries.
- Place them in a colander and rinse them gently under cold water. You can wash them first and then chop if you like.
- Drain the water well and place the berries in a saucepan. Cook them in medium heat. Give it a stir now and then. (After around 5 minutes you will find the berries releasing their juices.)
- After around 15 minutes of cooking, add some sugar to taste.
- Let cook for another 5 minutes and then wait until sauce has cooled.
- Strain the sauce into another bowl pressing the fruit well to give more syrup.PS: Store remainder of strawberry syrup in an airtight container. You can use the fruit pulp in another recipe (pancakes, waffles, cakes, muffins etc)
Make the Frappuccino:
- Add rest of the ingredients along with your strawberry syrup (other than the whipped cream and chopped strawberries) in a blender. Give it a whirl until blended.
- Drop some of the chopped strawberries in a serving glass and pour the blended mixture into it.
- Add some whipped cream on top if desired and serve chilled.
Starbucks Strawberries & Crème Frappuccino ,