- 1 1/2 C. Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg (beaten slightly)
- 1 1/2 C. Buttermilk (1/4 C. additional buttermilk if needed)
- 3/4 C. Prepared Cream of Wheat (follow the directions on the box and cool before adding)
- Place first six ingredients in medium size bowl. In a small bowl mix cream of wheat with the buttermilk to get any lumps out of the cream of wheat. When this is done add egg, cream of wheat, and buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients. Beat with a spoon all until smooth. (Batter may be a little lumpy.)
- Heat a grill or a frying pan – medium low heat works well with pancakes. When surface is hot lightly oil or use a vegetable spray.
- Pour the desired size for pancakes and turn when top of the pancake has little bubbles.
Note: If you spray your pancake turner with a non stick spray it helps prevent the uncooked part of the pancake from sticking to the turner and flipping the pancake is made much easier. If your pan is seasoned well your pancakes should not be sticking and if the temperature is just right your pancakes should have a beautiful golden color.