- 1 cup Rolled oats; quick-cooking
1/4 cup All-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1 cup Granulated sugar
1/2 cup Butter; softened
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees; cover baking sheets with foil, then coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, flour, salt and baking powder; mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed to form a grainy paste. Add the egg and vanilla extract; beat until smooth. Add the flour mixture and blend just until combined.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls 2 1/2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Let cool, then peel the cookies from the foil with your fingers. Be sure to respray the cookie sheets between batches.