For the Cake
- 1 1/2 cups sifted All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 1 cup granulated Sugar
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 3 tbsp low fat Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup each of fresh Blueberry, Blackberry and Raspberry
For the Crumb topping
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- 1/3 cup Sucanat
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of a 9-inch square pan with butter/PAM Spray/Shortening. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar with electric mixture until light. Add egg whites and beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, lemon zest and sour cream and mix well.
- Alternately, add flour mixture and the milk to the batter, beginning and ending with the flour. Folding the batter until everything comes together makes for even softer and fluffier cakes.
- Spread half of the batter evenly into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Spread berries on top of batter. Cover berries with the remaining batter and spread the top evenly with a spatula . Its fine if some of the berries shows through.
- Meanwhile for crumb topping, combine all ingredients and use fingers to mix and form crumbs.
- Spread crumbs on top of cake and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and cake is golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Starbucks Very Berry Coffee Cake,