- 2 medium anaheim chilies, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1/3 cup roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces salad oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons grated Cotija cheese (you can also use Parmesan cheese if you cannot find Cotija)
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro, stemmed
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup water
- Place all dressing ingredients except cilantro, mayonnaise and water in a blender of food processor.
- Blend approximately 10 seconds, and then add cilantro little by little until blended smooth.
- Depending on size of blender, it may be necessary to do in batches.
- Place mayonnaise and water in a large stainless steel bowl, and mix with a wire whip until smooth.
- Add the blended ingredients to the mayonnaise mixture, and mix thoroughly.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Will keep for three days.
El Torito Cilantro and Pepita Salad Dressing,