- 1 Can Stewed Tomatoes (14 Oz.) - sliced
- 2 Large Green onions - snipped
- 1 Large Ripe Tomato - cored and diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Dash Tabasco (or to taste)
- Cut up stewed tomatoes and combine in saucepan with onions, fresh tomato, salt and pepper. Bring just to a boil. Boil hard 1 minute and remove at once from heat.
- Put half of mixture through blender just to mince fine but not to puree. Return to remaining half of mixture.
- Cool and refrigerate in tightly covered container to use with a few weeks. Freezes well – to use within 6 months.
NOTE: For hot salsa, add 1 ts canned green chopped chilis or to taste, freezing unused chilis to use in other recipes.
Chi Chi’s Mild Salsa,