- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated hickory liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
1. Combine the oil, honey, mustard, ketchup, sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat, and then heat until boiling. Stir. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool uncovered for 10 minutes. Add the vinegar, smoke flavoring, and lemon juice.
2. While the sauce cools, vigorously whisk the egg yolk with 1 teaspoon water in a medium bowl for about 2 minutes, or until the color is pale yellow.
3. Drizzle the cooled sauce mixture into the egg yolk mixture in a steady stream while rapidly whisking. This will create a thick, creamy emulsion that will prevent the oil from separating. Cover the sauce and chill it until it’s needed.
Note: The vinegar kills any potentially harmful bacteria from the raw egg. If you are concerned, use a pasteurized egg product as a substitute.
Chick-Fil-A Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce,