- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 12.3 ounces non refrigerated extra-firm regular or low-fat tofu
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavor liqueur, such as Kahlua
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
You can use high-protein, shelf-stable tofu instead of butter in chocolate frosting. The frosting is so smooth, cool and creamy that it can be eaten as a pudding.
- Pour chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in a microwave oven on half power (50%) until chocolate is soft for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender combine tofu, coffee-flavor liqueur, and vanilla. Whirl until smoothly pureed.
- Stir chocolate until smooth. Scrape into blender with tofu mixture. Whirl until smoothly pureed. Pour into a bowl and nest in ice water. Stir often until frosting is cold, 10 to 12 minutes. Use or cover airtight and chill up to 2 days; stir before spreading.