- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed dried sage
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Whisk together all the ingredients except the vinegar and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute, or until thick. Cool for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the vinegar and lemon juice, then cover and chill for 1 hour before using as a sauce on grilled chicken sandwiches.
Note: This recipe is from Subway’s Bourbon Street Chicken Sandwich and goes well with any chicken club sandwich.