- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs, flavored
- 2 eggs
- 1 T milk
- 1 pkg. mozzarella, cut into slices or use string cheese
- 2 cups oil
- 1 large (28oz) can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 or more cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. basil
- 1-1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. anise or fennel seeds (optional)
- Place flour in one dish and the bread crumbs in another.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together. Coat each piece of cheese in the flour, then egg then bread crumbs.
- Repeat in the egg and then bread crumbs again. Heat oil in a skillet.
- Cook each piece of breaded cheese for 1 minute or until golden on all sides.
- Serve with a Marinara Sauce.
For Marinara Sauce
- Heat oil; then lightly brown garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with mozzarella sticks or over your favorite pasta.
Denny’s Mozzarella Sticks and Marinara Sauce,