- 2 1/2 c All-purpose flour
- 1/3 c Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 ts Baking soda
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 2 ts Instant coffee crystals
- - (french roast or other
- 2 ts Coffee liqueur
- 1 c White sugar
- 3/4 c Dark brown sugar; packed
- 1 c Salted butter; softened
- 2 lg Eggs
- 10 oz Semisweet chocolate bar - coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa, soda and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a small bowl dissolve coffee crystals in coffee liqueur and set aside. In a large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Scrape down sides of bowl. Then add eggs and dissolved coffee crystals, and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and chocolate chunks, and blend at low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 23-25 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool, flat surface.