- 2 small Granny Smith apples, cut into 14 slices per apple
- 2 small Gala apples, cut into 14 slices per apple
- 40 red grapes (seedless)
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt (low fat)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
1. Prepare the candied walnuts by mixing the peanut oil, vanilla, salt, honey, sugar, and in a skillet over medium heat. When mixture starts to bubble, add chopped walnuts and keep stirring until the sugar starts to caramelize. Quickly turn off the heat, keep stirring the nuts to keep from burning. After about 60 seconds of stirring with no heat, pour the nuts out onto a plate. Toss the nuts to keep them from sticking together.
2. After the nuts have cooled down, prepare each salad by mixing10 grapes, 7 slices of Gala apple, 7 slices of Granny Smith apple, 3 tablespoons of candied walnuts and 3 tablespoons of yogurt. and . Stir together well and serve.