- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup double-strength coffee
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup Hershey's chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups ice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, spread shredded coconut on a baking sheet and toast coconut in the oven. Stir the coconut around every 10 minutes or so for even browning. After 25 to 30 minutes the shredded coconut should be light brown. Cool it off.
- Make double-strength coffee by brewing with twice the coffee required by your coffeemaker. That should be 2 tablespoons of ground coffee per each cup of coffee. Chill before using.
- To make the drinks, combine cold coffee, milk, 1/3 cup of toasted coconut, 1/3 cup chocolate syrup and sugar in a blender. Blend for 15 to 20 seconds to dissolve sugar.
- Add ice and blend until ice is crushed and drink is smooth. Pour drinks into two 16-ounce glasses. Garnish each drink with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate, and a pinch of some of the remaining coconut. Add a straw to each one. Makes 2 large drinks.
Variation on Mocha Frappuccino
- 2 cups ice cold milk
- 2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup (rounded) General Foods International Coffees Suisse Mocha flavor
- 1 tablespoon cold espresso or strong black coffee (optional, for more coffee flavor)
Blend at high speed for about a minute. Place the blender container in the freezer for about half an hour (this makes it colder and thicker, but don’t let it freeze all of the way). Blend the contents again. Serves 2.